Friday, March 22, 2013

Alien by Dorman & Yoakum

A new commission piece, and an interesting one to interpret, since i have no idea if the pencils that i was working off of were going to be inked, or were the basis for a painted piece. It meant that the values of the piece could have been changed significantly by having Dave separate the planes on the art by color, as opposed to line weight. I went in and did... well, what looked right to my eye, that's what. I've never drawn the Alien, even though I've seen it a million times in my nightmares.

Don't get me started on the first two films of the Alien franchise, they're both so utterly brilliant that its hard to start talking about them.

Click the image to embiggen.

2 comments:

Brian Fies said...

Looks like Wally Wood. That's the highest inking compliment I know how to give.

inkdestroyedmybrush said...

i appreciate that brian. That is about as high as it goes (not saying i deserve it, but i do appreciate it~!)